Friday, November 30, 2007

Haiku Friday - Hanukkah Traditions

Haiku Friday

So many to choose
they are all so beautiful
we love to collect

Menorahs each year
we purchase or are given
to us for our gifts

We spin the dreidel
the kids love to collect gelt
eat the chocolate ones

this year our latkes
will be made from the box mix
taste as good as scratch

we are counting down
till we light the first candle
and watch their beauty




See more Hanukkah Countdown festivities here:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous November 30, 2007 at 9:07 AM  

Great Ku!! I love learning more about Hanukkah through various bloggers!!

Mine's here!

Bren November 30, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

Great haiku!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us November 30, 2007 at 10:52 AM  

Wow, this was seriously fantastic! Holy Hanukkah my friend. :)

Heidi Hyde November 30, 2007 at 11:14 AM  

Cool! I too love learning about Hanukkah on family blogs.

-HH

Unknown November 30, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

Dreidel dreidel dreidel with dreidel I will play!

Susan Helene Gottfried December 4, 2007 at 1:02 PM  

There is this one menorah that I absolutely COVET. It's the one that looks like barbed wire wrapped up in a cone; have you seen it? It's pricey, though, and we have a perfectly fine menorah, so I can't justify it. Yet it speaks to me.

(and the Tour Manager would go apoplectic if he saw that you think latkes are as good from a box! He takes pride in his from-scratch latkes!)

Phyllis Sommer December 6, 2007 at 11:18 PM  

how did i miss your great haikus? beautiful...

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP