Friday, December 7, 2007

One Hundred Things About Me (Better Late than Never!)


1. I was born in the 70s, as seen in this picture of me as a child playing on red shag carpet.
2. I am the first born and have one younger brother.
3. My brother is 3.5 years younger.
4. My parents met in high school.
5. They are still married.
6. I skipped kindergarten (well I spend 2 weeks there) before they moved me to 1st grade. Apparently it was too easy for me.


7. I have naturally curly hair which my mom used to blow straight when I was in elementary school.
8. In the 5th grade I got it all cut off and have been wearing it curly ever since.
9. I had terrible buck teeth and needed braces for many years.
10. I hated this Hawaiian shirt.
11. We're Jewish and I had a Bat Mitzvah at the age of 12.
12. It was a lot of work to learn all the Hebrew but the party was very fun.
13. I bought my first car with the money I received from my Bat Mitzvah.
14 I had a dog and a cat as a child. The dog was a Maltese named Poppet.
15. I am still in my awkward phase.


16. I used to go to sleep away camp for the summers.
17. We moved when I was in the 10th grade.
18. I had to make all new friends at a new high school.
19. Our new house was much bigger and in a better neighborhood.
20. I was a band geek.
21. I played the flute all through school.
22. I was in the marching band and concert band.
23. I also was a singer in high school and was in the improv club as well as school plays.
24. I was a geek.


25. I loved this jean jacket.
26. The A stood for nothing.
27. The button I am wearing is of the Monkee's.
28. I saw them in concert in the 80s.
29. I also saw George Michael in concert with my mom.
30. I listened to the Beatles a lot in High School.
31. I loved MTV and watched it non-stop (that's when they used to play music videos).
32. I got my first real stereo set for Hanukkah from my Dad.
33. I sold that stereo after I got married.
34. I collected records.
35. I loved to ice skate every Friday night with my friends.
36. One summer I decided not to go away for sleep over camp and was a counselor at a day camp.
37. I should have gone back to sleep over camp, it was too much work.
38. I applied to four colleges and got into them all.
39. Of the four colleges I applied to, only one of them was out of state. That's the one I chose.
40. I was able to arrive early as a freshman because I was in the college marching band.
41. This one time, at band camp - I played the flute my first year and then switched to piccolo.
42. We played for all the home and away games.
43. The marching band was tons of fun but lots of work. I was in such great shape!
44. I was a geek in college too.
45. Being in the band allowed me to see all of the football games, which I love.
46. I majored in Psychology and wanted to minor in Chemistry.
47. I dropped the Chem after I took my first year.
48. I added Women's studies as a minor in my third year.
49. I also sang in an A Capella group in my Jr and Sr years of college.
50. I liked singing more than being in the band so I dropped band in my Sr year.
51. I finished my degree in 4 years.
52. I worked at the college book store my Jr year restocking shelves for practically no money.
53. The summer before my Sr year I got a job at a local bank as a collections agent.
54. I worked P/T at the bank through my Sr year.
55. I kept that job for one year after college and moved into an apartment.
56. I hated being at that bank so much that I packed up and moved back to my home state with no place to live and no job.
57. I started temping in an engineering office which I hated at first.
58. I learned a lot while I was there and moved onto a different company.
59. I met my hubby on my first day at my new job.
60. He thought I wasn't going to cut it as a technician.
61. Boy did I prove him wrong.
62. We worked together for a couple of years and kept our relationship a secret.
63. When we decided to get married, we told everyone we worked with.
64. They immediately move hubby into another group to get him away from me. He later quit.

65. We were engaged for 15 months.
66. That was 13 months too long!
67. We got engaged at a wedding of a friend.
68. We were married in September, Labor Day weekend, in a beautiful old mansion.
69. I wanted a fall wedding in October, but moved it to Labor Day so it could be earlier in the evening (since we are Jewish it would have had to be after sundown on Sat) and I didn't want it to be a real late night.
70. The ceremony was supposed to be outside in the garden.
71. Not only did it rain on us that day but it was actually a hurricane!
72. The ceremony was inside.


73. Our honeymoon was a cruise.
74. We have two dogs that we got when we moved in together.


75. We sold the house that hubby had when we met and moved in with my in laws for 8 months while the house we are in now was being built.
76. We have three acres and have three other houses that share our driveway.
77. I like it out in the country, its nice a quiet when we sit in our hot tub and look over the farm behind us and gaze at the stars.
78. I got pregnant on our first attempt with Mr. Z which surprised us both.
79. We knew he was going to be a boy since there were no girls born in my hubby's family for three generations.
80. I always thought I wanted to have three kids while hubby wanted two.
81. I was a week early when my water broke. Mr. Z was a small but very good baby.


82. I was home for 6 months maternity leave with Mr. Z.
83. I got pregnant again on our first try with Miss E.
84. We used all the 'methods' we could find to sway the odds that we would have a girl.
85. Since we were scared our attempts failed, we decided to not find out her gender before she was born and hear the surprise.
86. I was a week late when my water broke and needed to go to the hospital to be induced.
87. I needed to see the evidence that we in fact had given birth to a girl and made them take her diaper off.
88. Due to the nature of her birth, with no pain meds, I was so traumatized that the surprise announcement of her gender wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. But of course we were thrilled we had a daughter.


89. I took 4 months of maternity leave with Miss E.
90. Miss E had colic and would scream and cry for hours each night. It stopped cold turkey when she was 12 weeks.
91. When we found out we were pregnant again, this time it was a surprise, I was really scared.
92. I always thought that having three kids was something I wanted but now that it was facing me, and my other kids were still little, I wasn't so sure. I wanted more time to decide on a third. But that decision was already made for me.
93. Miss V was also a week late, after an induction, again.
94. I caved and decided to get an epi after Miss E's traumatic birth.
95. I LOVED the epi!



96. I am not all that into fashion. I hate to shop for clothes and only do it when absolutely necessary (like now - need to get at least one more pair of jeans that fit!). I also wear the same earrings every day.
97. I don't feel that I am really good at any one thing. I wear so many hats that its hard to juggle them all.
98. I really admire people who own their own businesses. While I think that would be rewarding, especially doing what you love, I would have no idea what I would even want to do.
99. I love taking pictures and post them all over this blog. I hope that one day I can be as good as some of you.
100. I am glad to have this blog and the people that I have met through it. I love coming here and writing down my thoughts, reading yours and I am excited to be a part of this little community.

5 comments:

Audrey December 7, 2007 at 8:46 PM  

Wow! That's a long list indeed. I don't think I can write 100 things about myself the way you did!
Like you, I hate shopping too. But I don't wear earrings, though! ;)

Toni December 9, 2007 at 7:39 PM  

Now you're making me feel bad. My 100 was a few weeks ago and I thought I would do a series of things about me and haven't even begun. I think you've inspired me to bite the proverbial bullet.

Great list.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us December 9, 2007 at 11:03 PM  

This was awesome. I'm so glad yo did it (whew).

Yay for the epi indeed! And wow, those shots are so much fun. You a band geek? NO WAY!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys December 11, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

that was an awesome list - what a great life you have lived so far !
Your don't sound so geeky to me but someone who get involved and loved it.
Did you find it hard to get to 100 - I did but I made it.
<3

Unknown December 11, 2007 at 11:37 PM  

I read them all, and am still laughing at the one time at band camp. I loved the Monkees, too. Shh. Don't tell.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP