Monday, May 3, 2010

A Beautiful Weekend for Fishing

Another cub scouts event to blog about, the annual fishing derby. What that actually means, I still haven't figured out, but I do know that the boys had a lot of fun fishing at the local farm lake which was stocked with lots to catch.

IMG_3010-1

My hubby calls this "fishing in a barrel". Luckily for my son the fish were hungry and he caught a total of 8 fish in 2 hours.

IMG_3015-1

Fish #1

IMG_3029-1

Girlie getting a lesson from her daddy.

IMG_3038-1

Fish caught by the hubby.

IMG_3070-1

Who got quite anxious when released back into the lake.

IMG_3048-1

Proper girlie fishing attire, bright flower dress.

IMG_3080-1

The big catch of the day. 14.5"

IMG_3090-1

I don't wanna fish, just sit here and look pretty.

IMG_3092-1

Mom: "Hey look at me for a sec, I wanna see your shades"
Z: "Who me??"

IMG_3097-1

Fish # (?)

IMG_3099-1

Fishing Break

A rest on a blanket in the shade.

IMG_3108-1

Proud Pop-pop using the kiddie rod. :)

Our family total was 21 fish. I even caught one when I got handed a rod to hold while the men were busy untangling a line. I have no idea who 'won' the derby but we at least had a beautiful day to hang out by the lake.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP