Thursday, January 29, 2009

PSF - Ice Skating

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Snow with ice on top, what a lovely combo. Yesterday we woke up with the most beautiful white topped with the most shiny and glistening ice. I wanted pics, of course. I trudged out to the trees to get some of the ice covered limbs and skipped and skidded the entire way. Luckily I didn't drop my camera.

Can be so pretty.

So I go in and call it a success. Today, ice still on our driveway and deck. I grabbed my handy shovel and started trying to chip away at the frozen tundra. I must have looked like a real fool sliding all over the place. It would have been easier if I had my old ice skates. But I didn't even make a dent. However, I did clear the deck steps so that I don't have to carry the stupid dogs each time they want to potty. But I captured one more of my patio table while I was at it.

Icy

10 comments:

Alex @ I'm the Mom January 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Wow! What beautiful pictures :) Glad you didn't drop your camera!

Chris January 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Wow! Very neat pictures. Ice can be so beautiful (and slippery).

scrappysue January 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

funny how the camera always gets saved first! awesome shots

Pam Emmons January 29, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

THis looks just like my PSF!

Carrie and Troy Keiser January 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Awesome job on the ice!

tiarastantrums January 29, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

LOVELY shots

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander January 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

The ice is such nasty stuff but what lovely photos they make. Great captures!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us January 30, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

First of all, can you imagine if you dropped it? OY! I finally got my equipment covered under insurance with a Ryder (sp) policy. Because if ANYONE WOULD, it would be me!

That first shot? Wickedly beautiful HG. That ice is NIIIICE. You've inspired me to attempt that.

Susie January 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

You are officially my hero and I WANT YOUR CAMERA! wow, those pictures are gorgeous.

Hope you thaw out soon, I know from experience all too well the ice drilling workout. yuck yuck.

Jaimee January 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

Wow...love the second one...be careful with that camera!! :)

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP