Friday, January 2, 2009

PSF - Happy New Year's Obsessions

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Happy New Year to all! Hope you had a great night. We went to dinner with friends and then slept in since the kiddos were at the Grandparents. Woo!

So new year comes new obsessions in photography. The first is I am gearing up a new website/blog and new logos and working on getting a portfolio together. What that means is, starting in 2009 I will attempt start taking on 'clients' (which really means friends) to start Portfolio Building sessions. If that goes well, maybe...just maybe, I will take on professional clients. Yes...I am thinking of taking the plunge, but just PT only (not to mention until June I will be finishing my MBA to include a 50 page thesis, so needless to say, I won't have a ton of free time). I just need new subjects to practice on cause my kids are tired of the looks of my camera. I am beyond nervous but I really need to start someplace so slow and steady it will be!

The second thing is I am going to do a 365 project for the year. Since I take tons of pictures each and every day anyway, I thought I would put together Project 365 of 2009.

2/365 - Jan 2nd

I will be keeping track of these both on Flickr and on a separate 365 blog that I created.

Project 365 Blog

Oh and I will NOT be doing all Self Portraits for this project. I plan to take one shot each day of anything I want. :) No one wants to see that many pics of me anyway.

So....big year, big obsessions, big goals. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Christina January 2, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Ooooh, I'm so excited for you! You are going to do awesome, and I can't wait to watch your journey.

Chris January 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Good luck in the new year. I'm contemplating project 365 (I've been taking pictures so far) but I have yet to publicly commit to it!

Jaimee January 3, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

OOOH! Can't wait to hear about your journey to pro AND finishing your MBA!!

Happy New Year!

Rose January 4, 2009 at 5:39 AM  

How awesome! I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I know you'll do a great job, you always get wonderful pictures of your kids.

I've been thinking of doing 365 (no portraits either) It's just such a commitment! Every. Day. Eek.

But I will be checking yours!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us January 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Well I for one, can't wait to seee your output. I did this last year and had so much fun with it, they say practice helps, right? :)


Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

I'm excited for you and your 365! I'm doing another one, too, all in black-and-white and not entirely of just me! :D

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP