Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Biggest Dilemma

I have an unhealthy obsession with pens. I love them. I love to collect them and horde them and look at them and put them in cups and in my desk and in my purse and steal them from hotels and from people who leave them in the break room and kitchen and conference rooms and I never throw them out when they are not working anymore. My hardest dilemma when I was leaving my cube this morning on the way to a big meeting was which pen do I choose? The ones that write good that are metal? But then I cannot chew on these. Or the ones that have nice grippies? But they write terribly. How about the markers in different festive colors? But these tend to get all over my hands. So I went with the mechanical pencil. Fun to play with, makes a cool clicking noise, writes well, can chew on and it looks oh so cool with the fun spin up eraser.
Is anyone as nuts as I am??

5 comments:

Unknown December 19, 2007 at 5:48 PM  

Oh, I love you. I am a pen nut, too. Maybe we should start a club. I have about twenty fountain pens that I refuse to use cause they are too pretty. I steal pens everywhere. I'm a pen klepto.

Susan Helene Gottfried December 19, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

I collect roller balls; I like 'em better than fountain pens (of which I have two).

See? We gotta move you up into the world of the refillables. Life will never be the same once you join us there.

Shesawriter December 19, 2007 at 8:22 PM  

You have a pen fetish too? LOL! So do I. :-)

Happy WW!

My Wordless Wednesday #3

Two Peas In a Pod December 19, 2007 at 10:03 PM  

I am a pen nut as well.I usually walk into someones office needing to talk about something...we will get chatting I'll ask for a pen and once we are done...the pen comes with me..sometimes the person I was talking to will come and get the pen and sometimes they are none the wiser...I thought i was the only one! I have about a gazillion pens at my desk hidden in every drawer, cup and binder..
Kyla

MamaGeek @ Works For Us December 20, 2007 at 9:46 AM  

Me too, me too! I think it's a conspiracy. My purse has like 15 pens. Perhaps we need an intervention?

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP