Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #19


A recap of my 2007.

  1. I started off 2007 5 months pregnant with our third child. We knew we were having a girl.
  2. I was driving a new Honda Minivan that we succumbed to at the end of 2006 (see #1).
  3. Our big family vacation was a trip to visit the Big Mouse and all of his friends and Princesses which was quite difficult for me (see #1).
  4. I started a new position at my company in February. It was a huge move and I am still not sure I am fully getting it yet.
  5. I took one class in the Spring 2007 semester that was my hardest yet for my MBA. I got an A and haven't been back since. I plan to continue in the Spring of 2007.
  6. Miss V was born on May 18th at 1:39 am, weighing in at 7lbs 6 oz. Mommy was a week overdue and was sent to be induced after my regularly scheduled appointment.
  7. I took three months off of work for maternity leave.
  8. My oldest started Kindergarten this year.
  9. I entered the world of Mac's in September with my new desktop. Its wonderful.
  10. My new hobby became digital scrapbooking. I created many pages for the kids' albums and had them printed for their books.
  11. The big hit at Hanukkah this year was the Wii that I managed to get in September. I am glad I persevered and watched the websites closely so that I could give it to my son. He loves me.
  12. I started taking my photography more seriously. With all the wonderful photographers out there to inspire me, I spend many hours learning and practicing with my camera (and Photoshop) to attempt to have just a quarter of their talent.
  13. The final thought as this year comes to a close is to list my goals for next year:
    • Continue to spend as much time with my kids as I can. Go visit their schools and get involved in their lives.
    • Get back on the weight loss/exercise band wagon <--- Slacker!
    • Go back to school
    • Work on my knowledge at my job. Learn more and contribute more
    • Take a photography class and learn as much as I can about being better


18 comments:

Moondancer December 27, 2007 at 11:02 AM  

Digital scrapbooking? I'd like to learn more about that.

Happy TT

http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com/

Anonymous December 27, 2007 at 11:38 AM  

Hi, my girl was born in april..

Zenmomma December 27, 2007 at 12:38 PM  

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Samantha_K December 27, 2007 at 12:50 PM  

I'm glad your son loves you because you got him a Wii...maybe that would help out around here.

LOL, just kidding!

You have certainly had a busy year! Happy Thursday!

Unknown December 27, 2007 at 1:08 PM  

Great list, I enjoyed it very much! Come take a look at the most popular resolutions of the New year!

DEB

Norma December 27, 2007 at 1:24 PM  

You've had a busy year with lots of changes.

My TT is up. http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2007/12/thirteen-little-things-when-we-are.html

Deanna Dahlsad December 27, 2007 at 1:38 PM  

All my weight slid off when the babes hit about 3 or so... Don't worry about weight now -- just remember everything, like how they felt in your arms, the smell, all their wrinkles & skin folds, where the hair grew & where it was rubbed away... It all passes so quickly! The weight will go away, while you enjoy those moments with the little ones :)

Phyllis Sommer December 27, 2007 at 2:22 PM  

what a great list! I'm with poptart, isn't it more fun to enjoy the kids now and worry about the extra weight later...

KW December 27, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

That digital scrapbooking sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you and yours are richly blessed in the New Year!

http://katskrackerbox.wordpress.com/2007/12/27/thursday-thirteen-22-13-new-years-resolutions/

Susan Helene Gottfried December 27, 2007 at 3:18 PM  

Yep, a very busy year, indeed, HG! I love April babies, btw...

My hair dresser got his niece and nephew a Wii -- in September, too. He saved it for their Christmas.

You guys are to be commended for thinking that far ahead.

Happy TT! I'll try to get lots of wolf pictures, but you never know...

Open Grove Claudia December 27, 2007 at 5:47 PM  

I like the positive way you look at this year's journey. And so many things started! Next year will probably be like the second movie in a series of three - a here to there year!

Happy TT!

Michelle Olsen Sasak December 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM  

Sounds like you had a very busy year. I wish I had a mac...we used to, but gave it up to my guy's autistic brother when his computer broke. I miss it...but it's gone to a better place...lol

Melanie December 27, 2007 at 9:28 PM  

A very busy year! Happy New Year!

Anonymous December 27, 2007 at 10:07 PM  

You've had an eventful year! I hope you have a wonderful 2008

Anonymous December 28, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

What a busy year! Congrats on the arrival of your new daughter and the job as well :)

I have three TTs this week:

Review of 2007:
http://www.ravensroads.com/index.php/2007-in-review/

Motorcycling review of 2007:
http://www.ravensrides.com/tt13-2007-in-review

13 RV adventures in 2007:
http://www.ravensrv.com/2007-adventures/

Anonymous December 28, 2007 at 4:55 PM  

Anyone can try out digital scrapbooking for free @ http://www.ScrapbookGenerator.com (no software, no cost, no signup, no mess). Just upload a photograph, choose a template layout and add some 3D WordArt.

Darla December 29, 2007 at 6:12 PM  

Sorry I'm late stopping by this week.

What a productive year you've had! I hope 2008 will be just as wonderful for you and that you achieve all those goals you've set!

Unknown December 31, 2007 at 3:06 PM  

You keep on me & I'll keep on you about exercising. Cause I went from everyday for almost two years to "ehhh....i don't wanna" almost overnight.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP