Friday, February 5, 2010

Resurrection

I am officially bring this blog back from the dead. I have been gone from it way too long working on other ventures and I am now ready to continue the drama that is My Life.

I am choosing to start off with a post about my son. He is in 2nd grade and this is his first year in Cub Scouts:

Scout - 268/365 - Sept 25

Cub scouts has been quite an adventure in how to handle lots of little boys. Wow, do they have such energy. Getting them to listen, sit still and do group activities is near impossible. This up coming weekend was scheduled to be the Pinewood Derby Race. Little did we know that we are planning to get socked with close to 2' of snow which is scheduled to start any minute. However, my son and my hubby set out last weekend to start building his car.

First cutting and sanding:

4/52 - #1

The dangerous parts were obviously done by the Hubbs but my son had fun sanding his car.

Next was the paint. Mr. Z had the notion that he wanted red for his car. He thought that was a nice fast color. So off to Home Depot we went to buy some spray paint (in another snow storm, I might add):

4/52 - #2

Then we waited for the paint to dry for a couple of days. In the mean time we found a cute little 'driver' for the car and some numbers. Mr. Z decided on the number '81' for his car. Why? I am not sure. He thought it was a nice number to put on the car. I have no idea the significance.

Wed night the boys set out to put the finishing touches on. The wheels, driver and numbers were all placed on. I have to say it looks mighty cute.

IMG_1432 copy

IMG_1435 copy

IMG_1439 copy

Now the race has been moved out one week but its nice to know we are ready anyway. I am keeping my fingers crossed that our little car does well. But even if it doesn't we have a nice little project to display in my house.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP