Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our Hanukkah Countdown is On!




The Hanukkah countdown has officially started! Just this morning, Mr Z was counting the days until next Tuesday which is the official beginning of the holiday. Over the weekend we cracked out the toys and they took turns showing me how to light the candles (well, Ms V tried to eat the candles instead). We are so excited to play dreidel games and have latkes (which we sampled some of last week with left over potatoes - yummy). I have much work to do to get ready, lots of wrapping and more decorating. Planning a meal for our annual Hanukkah party, which last year we made fresh sufganiyot, man were they yummy!! And Mr. Z made his very first Menorah at Hebrew School last week that he will bring home on Sunday. We are officially excited.

Join us in the Hanukkah Countdown with Ima off and on the Bima!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Robin November 28, 2007 at 11:38 AM  

Your kids are so cute, and I love that wooden menorah! We bought our candles today too. Maya's been carrying them around offering to light her menorah ever since LOL.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us November 28, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

I wish I knew more about Hanukkah. My experience is limited to 3 practicing friends. You'll have to teach us all your cool traditions! Those kids can not get ANY cuter!

Susan Helene Gottfried November 29, 2007 at 8:44 PM  

My kids are excited about Hanukkah, too (although I have candles galore from end-of-holiday sales and the free boxes we get every year at the temple).

The Tour Manager and I need to organize a latke party. We've talked about it for years, but have yet to pull it off!

Phyllis Sommer November 30, 2007 at 7:28 AM  

what a great post! love the pics of the kids with that wooden menorah!!!! thanks for visiting and joining in...come back all week for more chances to win my chaukah giveaway!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP