Monday, February 18, 2008

Random Thoughts and Weekly Winners

Everyone loves a good holiday. Why can't the traffic be that good every day? I love being able to sleep in and still get to work at the same time. Maybe the Government should be closed all the time!

They are offering a bee keeping class at the local fairgrounds. Man I think I may get in on that action. Fresh honey and large welts all over sound awesome!

I would love to trade up the ole-minivan for one of these.













The movie Across the Universe was way awesome, esp if you like the Beatles.

Miss V is 9 months old today. Keeping with tradition she came down with a fever two days before her check-up so chances are she won't get the full exam. But speaking about Miss V, why won't she eat better? Why is is that she won't finish her bottle and refuses baby food but if she finds a stray piece of dog food, she won't give it back for anything? Does dog food really taste better than applesauce?

And here is my first installment of Weekly Winners. I know I am a day late, but I wanted to play anyway.


V Hat 2
Poor girlie has eczema on her face.

brdge
On the flight home.

E Tights
My girlie girl in her tights.

Z scratch
Face plant in the concrete.

V Stairs
Uh oh!

V Stands


E pout
Pouting

Me
Me, playing with my new lens and external flash.

12 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us February 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

Beautiful shots! I love the one in tights - SO VIVID! What external flash did you get?

What flash gun did you get? The 580EX II by chance? IT is awesome!

Head Gaggler February 18, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Thanks MG. I got the 430EX to start with. So far I love it, but I have tons to re-learn about using flash now. Of course nothing beats natural light, like the pic of E in tights. But when I shoot at night, I love the external.

Toni February 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Wow, great shots. Poor little one with eczema on her lovely little face. My kids both have that but we have been fortunate enough to avoid the face.

Your children have your eyes!

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) February 18, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

Your shots are incredible!

Love the sky... and those stockings are killer! Gee, it's hard to pick any out, they are all wonderful. :-)

Lauren @ mostly i run February 18, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Wonderful photos!
And your poor kids' faces!

Cynthia February 18, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

Great pics...love the flight home!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys February 19, 2008 at 12:49 AM  

HG - these are all gorgeous shots - so colourful . I love the tights and your wee girl is adorable.

Melissa Stover February 19, 2008 at 2:14 AM  

those are beautiful!! i'm wondering about your lens. i'm ready for a new one.

Anonymous February 19, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

Wow!
I love the one of your little girl in her tights!
The colours and the perspective is amazing

Mom not Mum (Sandy) February 20, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Great pictures! My middle child has eczema - what a joy.

storyteller February 20, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

You have a wonderful eye and great timing to capture these!
Hugs and blessings,

Stacy February 21, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

You have some great shots in there! Poor baby with the eczema, though. :(

I, too, love natural light but when you shoot at night you really need to the flash to avoid noisy pictures. Unless, of course, you have a much more expensive DSLR than me. ;)

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP