Thursday, February 28, 2008

Theme Thursday - Memories

This week's theme is making memories. I tend to do this just about everyday as I am behind the camera capturing what my kids do best, being kids. I shoot them when they are happy and sad, healthy and sick, all seasons of the year and I tend the keep just about every shot of them saved on my computers for years of viewing pleasure. Yes, even the bad ones. I know, I should get rid of the really awful ones, and I do delete the ones that don't have the kids in them (unless that was the intention) but I do peruse thru them at times to look at how my camera has changed through the years, try to figure out which infant was which (I am mostly right) and see how my skills have been improving, at least I think they are. So as I was home with my youngest daughter yesterday as she has just gotten over a bout of Roseola and fighting off the stomach bug (which started with her, worked its way to E and then to Mommy), I thought what better chance to take pictures of her. Because even though she was a fussy butt all day and she wasn't feeling all that well or being cooperative, this is what she was at 9 months old and I wanted to capture it so that years from now I will remember this day that we spent together.

V 9 months
Here's my cranky girl playing with her blocks.

V Basket
She liked the basket a little more.

V Acid
A teeny smile.

What memories would you like to share today?


16 comments:

Anonymous February 28, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

What a grand baby photo shoot you had! Cute subject, no doubt!

~~

Anonymous February 28, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

Love them Jessica! Again, I have to ask, how did you get the reflection from the basket?

Head Gaggler February 28, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

Plexiglass on top of the backdrop gives a good reflection.

Stacy February 28, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

very creative! i love that you used the blocks to spell out 9 months.

Megan February 28, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

those are great! no one would have guessed that she'd been sick or fussy! love the blocks.

Anonymous February 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Great shots! That first expression is one you will probably see for the rest of your life!

Rose February 28, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

Awesome! I agree, I love the use of the blocks and the reflection on the floor.

I'm jealous, you have backdrops! And plexiglass to boot!

Toni February 28, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

How creative are YOU?

Bonnie February 28, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

OH my ... I love the look on her face in the first one !! I wonder what she was thinking !! Love the second one too. I love baby in laundry basket photos ! ha.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us February 28, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

SHE is SO beautiful and I love love love those shots!!

Cynthia February 28, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Great pics!

Stacy February 28, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

What a little cutie...I love these! Creative and fun! Nice little studio set up you have there, too.

Anonymous February 28, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

She's so darn adorable! 9 months already? Geez. Where does the time go?

Maggie February 28, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

How creative are you?! Those are AWESOME shots - and the fact that she was sick to boot? Wow!

Phyllis Sommer February 28, 2008 at 11:59 PM  

absolutely great! i love the laundry basket...it's perfect!

Killlashandra February 29, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

I love the picture of her smiling in the laundry basket! Beautiful. Reminds me of W.W. too because he too likes to play in the laundry baskets too. And you're right, I keep all the good and bad pictures too it's hard to delete them because the memories are always there.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP