Friday, May 16, 2008

Haiku Friday - The 1 Year Old Curse?

Haiku Friday


Got that dreaded call
again to come pick up V
she has a fever

102.5
and she was acting tired
so off to get her

I want to add a little commentary to this week's Ku. When I got V home I used my temporal thermo and I got too got 102.something on one side and 104.3 on the other. Why I get different readings I will never know. I gave her some motrin and she slept for a few. She woke happier and played for a little bit until the fever started creeping back up. When my hubby came home she was sleeping in my arms some and we decided to check her again, 105.7! Wow, never had I seen such a high reading. We called our Pedi and they told us to undress her and rub her down with some cold towels and give her more medicine. We also used the rectal thermo and that reading was 104.1. But the Pedi told us that they didn't need to see her as long as she was responsive. She ate dinner and went to bed. By 10:00 pm we decided to give her some more meds and woke her up. Fever was still 104 but she was sleeping it off. Luckily this morning its way down to 99.

My reason for posting this is cause I think there is a '1 Year Old Curse' which has struck all my kids when they turn 1. All of them were sick/teething/unhappy for their first birthdays. Miss V's big day is Sunday. Looks like since she caught this curse a little earlier than the other two she may not be a cranky mess come Sunday but who knows. Turning 1 must be tough for their little bodies and as parents we make a huge deal about this first bday that they could care less about. :)

Anyone else's kids get struck by the 1 Year Old Curse?

9 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us May 16, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

Wow, you WERE right. My guy had a fever from 101 to 103 for 3 days with no other symptoms than being lethargic. I was shocked to find out it was HF&M. Damn those playdates.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery on your end!

Anonymous May 16, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

Oh I do hope she feels better for her birthday! Happy Friday!

Anonymous May 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Poor baby!

David was sick on his first birthday as well :-(

Toni May 16, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

Happy Birthday, little one!

No curse here- only tired and cranky for 1st birthdays because Mommy plans parties during nap time. Duh!

BTW, love the new header; have been meaning to note it for a while...hope she is better soon.

Those high fevers scare the bejeebers out of me- my daughter had a febrile seizure once. I always freak out. Feel better, baby!

storyteller May 16, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

hope the little one
recovers for her birthday …
1st celebration

Hugs and blessings,

Storytellin' Mama May 16, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

Hope you little one is well soon. I have four children and we have had many a high fever! No fun.

Anglophile Football Fanatic May 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

We had a 1st birthday party with a screaming, sick kid, too. Glad to see it's not just mine...but I hope she's better soon. Poor little thing.

the planet of janet May 16, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

we had no first birthday party due to sick husband ... but that's neither here nor there.

fevers scared me with my youngest -- she had a febrile seizure and scared the crappola out of me!

Janice @ Mom On The Run May 17, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

My oldest celebrated her 1st birthday with an ear infection. Hopefully my 2nd's b-day will e smoother. Happy Birthday to V!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP