Friday, May 9, 2008

Haiku Friday - Memorial

Haiku Friday

We will miss her lots
such a presence in our lives
bye-bye my grandma

My grandma passed away on Sat of last week. She would have been 94 this month. Her funeral was on Tuesday. Then we sat shiva for three days to remember her. My family came in from all over the country to remember her life. She was the last remaining member of her brothers and sisters. It was a long tiring week but filled with family and stories of her. I am grateful for being able to know her and love her, she was truly a wonderful person. I am also grateful for being able to share my kids with her and them loving her as well.

Double Bubbe 8 18 2007-08

8 comments:

Anonymous May 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

what great pictures and wonderful memories! i bet it was good to get together and remember with all who new her best.

Toni May 9, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Love the final picture- so happy! Sorry that your family is dealing with such a great loss. My gran died when she was only 65 and it was hard. Thinking of you...

Robin May 9, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm grateful that you had the gift of having her in your family's life for so long. What a treasure.

I hope the shiva helped to bring closure and peace and wrap you in the love of your family and friends.

storyteller May 9, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Wonderful ‘tribute’
to your grandmother’s long life!
Sorry for your loss.

Hugs and blessings,

MamaGeek @ Works For Us May 9, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Oh wow, I am so sincerely sorry for your loss. She looks and sounds like one amazing woman. That photo is simply priceless. 94? Wow, that's one full life.

You're in my thoughts and prayers HG.

Rose May 9, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

What wonderful photos of her, you have been so blessed to have her this long! I miss my grandparents all the time.

So sorry for your loss. Warmly, Rose

Anglophile Football Fanatic May 9, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

I love that last picture. I hope you have only wonderful memories & I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous May 13, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

I am so, so sorry Jessica - I just now saw this post.

The last picture you posted of her was an amazing picture - she looks so incredibly happy.

Treasure your memories!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP