Thursday, May 22, 2008

Theme Thursday - Aged



Ok I totally cheated this week. I would have loved to been able to take the kids to a beautiful historic landmark and take some great shots but I didn't find the time to fit it into my schedule. Maybe someday soon cause I love this idea. So instead I took a picture of the oldest thing I could think of around my house.

This is a 1974 Harley Davidson three-wheel Golf Cart. We acquired it (meaning it was free) from a friend of a friend with every intention of fixing it up so it can run again. It needs a lot of work. But as we are finding out, there is quite a following for these things. Maybe we will make it all spiffy and sell it...or maybe not.

Harley

Here's a front view as it sits in my garage. As you can see it used to belong to a Larry and Carol, not sure who they are. Its in pretty bad shape. Needs some body work, engine work, tires, seats...wait, did I say this was a good idea?

IMG_1634 copy

The kids like to sit on it and pretend it works.

IMG_1635 copy

Close up of the broken seat. Guess we need a new one.

Anyway, when its all said and done we do hope to get some use out of having a Golf Cart around. But will it look like this when its done, doubtful!


11 comments:

Stacy May 22, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

I should have given us all a month to do this assignment, huh?? I'm hoping to take Anya to someplace tomorrow. We'll see.

I love your "old" item, too! I can see how the kids would absolutely love to play on it.

Megan May 22, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

that spiffy last photo certainly makes it worth dreaming about, eh? :)

Rose May 22, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Perfect old item for the kids to have fun on! I'm with you, I didn't have time to get anywhere this week. (Not to mention I forgot to look at the theme until yesterday!)

Mine will go up later.

Fingers To Toes Photography May 22, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

The kids playing on it is priceless - I love old things like that to pretend on! Or at least I did when I was a kid!

:) It was a tough assignment this week, Stacy makes us think! :)

Anonymous May 22, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Oh how fun! What a project ya'll have taken on! Great photo of the kids playing on it. :)

Anonymous May 22, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

That's cool! I would have never spotted that as an "old" item but your shots make the contrast obvious! Good eye!

chaoticfamily May 22, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Love all the different views - it's great.

Anglophile Football Fanatic May 22, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

What a great thing for the kiddos to play on!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us May 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Beautiful shots and I'm envious of that cart - that just screams FUN!

Anonymous May 22, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

Absolutely love the shot with the kids "driving." Thanks for sharing!

Stacy May 22, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

so cool!!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP