Friday, June 6, 2008

Photo Story Friday: Playing in the Mud


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Here is my first submission to Photo Story Friday. Thanks to Mama Geek for asking me to play!


IMG_2334 copy.jpg



So this is my son, all of 5 (almost 6) years old riding petal cars at the campground last weekend. (see I am posting more of those camping photos I have been promising!) Anyhoo, he gets on the car and immediately starts pedaling around the track while my hubby (see his legs/feet in the background) follows him around to push him if need be. At the end of turn 4 as he's rounding the curve the track goes down hill directly for the largest mud puddle in the campground. The day before it had rained buckets and the whole place was totally flooded. So not only did we have to walk to the other end of the place to get to these cars early Sunday morning (I know I know, walking is good for me) but when we got close to the track we were walking in totally soupy mud to allow my son to ride these cars one time before we packed up and went home. So, he's headed directly for this puddle and as I watch the other, older kids take this curve at 30 MPH (ok maybe not that fast) and totally drenching themselves, I just can see it now. Z gets water all in his face after splashing himself and freaking out cause it totally hates getting splashed. But instead he manages to slow himself down enough to cross the large child-swallowing puddle with just a little mud around the legs. Good Boy! See the huge smile on his face? Then he proceeds to go around again all by himself. After which he said he was done riding and while we were walking back to the camper he told me that he didn't in fact say he was done but that he wanted to go around again....UGH kids!

6 comments:

Cecily R June 6, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

There's nothin' like a little boy and mud. Add a cool bike like that and you are GOLDEN.

This is the perfect little kid shot. I love it!!

So glad you are playing PSF with us!!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser June 6, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

Love the smile on his face.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us June 6, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

UGH Kids is right. I love that shot because (a) the big ole smirk on his face is PRICELESS and (b) poor Dad is running in the background just TRYING to keep up.

HILARIOUS.

I'm so happy you joined in PSF. You could take a picture of a tree stump and it'd be stunning.

Anonymous June 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

How cool is that bike?! Nothing wrong with some mud. Can I have the next turn?! Looks like fun!

Anonymous June 6, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Little boys ALWAYS seem to have such a fun time!!

Rose June 16, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

Harrison would LOVE that pedal care, we'd never see him again! Well, until he splashed himself and came crying to me because he doesn't like getting splashed either.

What a great memory to have. I hope to play next week (this coming Friday) as I am still nursing a cold this week.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP