Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Theme Thursday - Wildlife

Well, I have to preface these pictures with the fact that I know that they totally suck. I had terrible luck this week trying to get some wildlife shots. Its too bad I already posted my snake shot (see below) or my caterpillar shot (go down even further) cause those were actually good. These.....not so much.

After three storms in a row, I caught this guy coming out of the woods. Too bad he was so far away and/or I don't have a 300 zoom lens.

IMG_2612 copy

OK this is even lamer (is that a word) but my kids insisted I shoot it and show them the picture.
Squirrel tail anyone?

IMG_2318

But I had to show you what we normally see around these parts as wild life. My crazy-ass doggy, Mr. Andre. He's wild alright!

IMG_2533 copy

I have real admiration to those photographers who can manage to get close enough to wild animals and get amazing shots. I'm not that daring.

11 comments:

Killlashandra June 12, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

After watching a few of those National Geographic specials I've decided they really aren't that close it's just their LENS gets them that close. ;)

I like the fox picture. Foxes down here come in the shape of coyotes.

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

I agree with you, I admire those that GET that close - me, I was trying to get further away from our wild life - I did not have a lens that wanted to focus! :)

I love your fox, we have a fox (or 2) but I cant ever seem to catch him...

Jen June 12, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

That is amazing that you were able to get a shot of a fox.

mandaroo63 June 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

How neat to see a little fox in your yard! I love the one of your dog, but, he doesnt' look wild at all! He looks quite friendly. :)

Stacy June 12, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

These are great - love that fox shot! I think they have the big long zoom lenses, too. They don't actually get all that close to the animals, their lenses are just a foot long LOL!

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

It's hard to take wildlife photos. It takes so much patience, lots of waiting around. Not my thing. We have a wild dog, too. I think that counts.

Amy Jo June 12, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Very cool fox!

My son always wants me to take pictures of ridiculous things, too. Mostly his toys. Must be fun to be 2 1/2!

I did enjoy the snake and caterpillar, too!

Rose June 12, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

So does your dog ever go chasing after that fox! Ours is "stupid" enough to. (Well he's been "skunked 3 times - yes, in the city - that says it all about him. DUH!)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us June 12, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

First of all, I A.D.O.R.E your crazy ass dog. What an adorable furball. How did I not know you had him?

I feel ya on the telephoto, I suck at them without having a nice telephoto in my arsenal (which is also sadly on my ever growing wish list). Although the glass is so heavy I'd be a wuss to hold it without a monopod! :)

Maggie June 12, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

I like the fox -- I know that we have a bunch around here, but I have NEVER seen one. And I'm with your kids on the squirrel tail - for some unknown reason, I LOVE squirrels!

Arizaphale June 12, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

Yea. All those professionals just have BETTER EQUIPMENT than us!!!!!!! And someone pays them to sit for hours waiting for just the right shot. Or maybe they do that on their own time? Who knows. Who cares? Your shots are just fine and your dog is a beauty.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP