Thursday, June 12, 2008

Photostory Friday: My Big Man


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



My little man a kindergartener no more. Today was his end of year ceremony. I cannot believe how fast this year went. I am so proud of his accomplishments in these short months in reading and math and his overall maturity level. When the kids first came into the cafeteria-turned-assembly room I had to crouch into the walkway to catch a shot of my first born (he is always at the front of the class sitting on the floor as he is a full head smaller than all of the other kids in the class) as he spots me and allows me to great a shot of him through the media cart with the CD player and projector on it. Isn't he so cute (of course I have to say that) and tell me he doesn't look old enough to be a 1st grader. And par for the course, I cried through most of the ceremony and especially the slide show. Why did they have to play country music??

Mr Z K program

And an extra shot of him on the playground at our K picnic.

Mr Z K Program 2

After the show was over we were allowed to take him for early dismissal. We went home and Hubby went to work. Z and I hung out in my office at home while I did some work and he played on the computer. As we went to get his sisters, he told me that he really loved spending the day with me. What a sweetie. I hope he always loves his mama and doesn't turn into a difficult teen!

20 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us June 12, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Wow, he is so beautiful HG. On a side note, wow, the lighting is PERFECT (was a flash used)?

Yeah, that is a HUUUGE milestone,
I'd be a mess too. *Gulp*. WHERE DOES that time go?

Thank you so much for playing again this week.

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

My big girl completed her first year of preschool today! It is amazing how fast the time goes.

Cecily R June 12, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

When my Kindergartener marched out of school for the last time this year I was shocked when I got all choked up. But man, I swear I just sent her for her first day! It went so fast!

He is gorgeous. MG is right, that lighting is amazing!

Great PSF!

Corey~living and loving June 13, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

sigh....what a big day. I love both shots. The one outside....sigh...stunning. :)

nice post! Happy PSF!

Anonymous June 13, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

Beautiful shots! And WOW does he ever have amazing eyes, or what??? :-)

david mcmahon June 13, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

Thanks for your generous comment on my PSF post. As a father of three, I hear your pride and I recognise the depth of your emotion.

Our pride in our children is a tangible thing.

Alex @ I'm the Mom June 13, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

What a handsome young boy! His eyes are stunning.

I would definitely be a mess as well. My oldest is starting JK in September and as much as Im looking forward to the time off from him and his crazy ways, I am so sad that he's growing up.

Toni June 13, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

I think those days of spending time with one's oldest child are precious and few and meant to be treasured; for him, too, obviously.

Working Mum June 13, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

Aww! What a milestone. I need a box of tissues for events like that. Sniff!

Supercool Hotmama June 13, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

What a great shot through that cart! It's really amazing how quickly the time passes - my oldest just graduated!

Don Mills Diva June 13, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Wow - he is a gorgeous child - you're going to have to beat the girls away before long...

Dianne - Bunny Trails June 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

I absolutely LOVE the shot through the cart. That's awesome.

I know, it's unbelievable how fast they grow. Sigh. On to new adventures every day. :D

Killlashandra June 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

The photo through the wires of the cart turned out great! Although, I think teens are just difficult period. They do have some wonderful moments you can share with them as they grow up but wow, somedays you have to ask yourself, was I really like that too? LOL

Glad he had a good graduation. :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser June 13, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

What a great shot of him! He's a cutie! Congrats to your big 1st grader now!

Anonymous June 13, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

Oh what lovely shots!
I love the lighting.
He is so handsome....makes me realize that my boy is growing so fast. I just wish they'd slow down a little.
sniff, sniff.

Anonymous June 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

That pulls on your heart strings a bit. Oh, they aren't allowed to grow up...it ages us!

Not Just Any Jen June 13, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

Oh, I do not even want to think of the teenage years. I would have cried too!

Robyn June 13, 2008 at 11:31 PM  

That is a great shot through the cart. He is a cutie and not really a first grader until school starts again:)

Casey's trio June 14, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

What a beautiful gaggle you have...LOVE the header! I'm sure these first 5 years with your boy have flown by:) Congrats on the milestone!

Mary June 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Both of those pictures are PERFECT. I loved the one through the media cart. The second one with those sparkly darling eyes is too much!!!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP