Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Theme Thursday - What I Want

Wow, what a great theme this week and man does it open a can of worms. I could think of a million things I can put on this list, but so not to bore, I will keep it to a minimum.

I WANT my kids to cooperate more. Not only day to day activities (cause that's important too) but mostly for when I am ready to take their picture. I especially hate it when they are running from me, giving me dirty looks or squirming.

Outtake

I WANT to learn how to use the tripod better so I don't cut off heads.

Oh and included in that first want is silly faces too, especially when I tell him to give me a nice look.

Goof

After all how am I to learn and get better if they are constantly doing what THEY want to do?!

I WANT my kids to grow up to be good, kind people.

In the Sunlight

I WANT them to always be close.

Fathers Day with Kids

Man its hard to get all three of them looking at me. (See #1, it always goes back to that!)

I WANT them to be good teenagers or else we will bid them out on Ebay.

V

I WANT that monster wrinkle in between my eyes and the red-headed step children wrinkles on my forehead to go away forever. Know any tips? Maybe I shouldn't frown as much.

Me

I also WANT to either get off the pot and kick it into high gear or be happy with the way I look and stop complaining. I won't change the way I look by sitting in front of my computer instead of using the Wii Fit.

And lastly, I WANT to be as amazing, talented and creative a photographer like her, her, her and her.

Oh and I WANT a new car. (had to throw that one out there) Ditch the old mini-van-a-go-go and buy something sporty and cool. But then I remember that I have to fit three car seats in it and wake up from that dream. Maybe someday!

14 comments:

Megan June 26, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

i laughed over your tripod shot :) -- so true!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us June 26, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

You know what - this is my favorite post of yours of all time. It was spectacular all the way from your kids to the tripod (which I totally loathe mine too - I even got a really nice Bogen/Manfrotto and - STILL - it just mocks me daily).

Thanks for the link love - I am not worthy. If only I could do portraits like yourself - now THAT's what I call creative!

Oh and the wrinkle? I see no wrinkle. :)

Killlashandra June 26, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

I like your list of I wants. :) They did make me smile indeed. Those blue eyes are simply amazing and I have to totally agree, getting everyone to look at you and smile at the same time to get the picture is sometimes like negotiating world peace. LOL

Jaimee June 26, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

Ah yes, I agree with many of your wants for myself! Especially about "getting off your butt" and wanting to be an amazing photographer!!

Love your site...by the way, you already ARE a great photographer! I will be back to visit again!

Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

ROFLOL I'm with you on the tripod thing. We have daily fights and it usually wins! LOL

Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Great post! I want a fun, sporty car, too. I guess I'll be 50 when that happens.

kim June 26, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

a reasonable list...
I'm with you on the kick it into high gear or just be happy with yourself. I need to do that, too.... one of those.

Unknown June 26, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

oh..that first shot is GREAT! and i don't see any wrinkles, maybe you are just worrying about getting off your butt too much? :-)

fun post!

Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Too funny. I think that happens with everyone on the first couple of tries with the tripod.

Maggie June 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

I love the tripod shot -- if I had a tripod that is totally what would happen.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of them with dad (I think?) -- it is priceless!

Stacy June 26, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

Love the tripod shot...so funny. I am so there with you on all of those thoughts. I get the cheeseball grin if I even mention smile. A little teeny bit frusrating! ;)

Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

so - i read your blog everytime you update it and i have been meaning to post this comment for a while - and now is the perfect time (so i will stop procrastinating).

I am completely impressed with your photography skills that you have honed in such a short time!!!! Seriously - your stuff is amazing and beautiful. you are capturing immeasurably precious memories for all time for your family. their ups and downs, your thoughts through it all and incredible images of their faces and experiences. you are leaving a crucial legacy and doing an amazing job! i am honored to be on your "her" list and you rock!

ps - if you figure out the wrinkle fix, let me know, i think it has to do with getting rid of kids... but that somehow doesn't seem as appealing to me as knowing the little ones who caused those lines all over my forehead.

Joanna June 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

The tripod comment made me giggle....the ibd on ebay did too! Thanks!

Rose June 27, 2008 at 1:38 AM  

You are an awesome photographer first of all. I Love, Love, LOVE the third shot and the tripod shot had me laughing.

As for the monster wrinkle between the eyes - on me - in ALL my wedding photos!! It's my stress-frown wrinkle. It's been hanging around too much!

As for my tripod, I discovered we owned one [that we've had since marriage] um, last Fall. I use it more often now, only it's missing a screw and thus doesn't work correctly - to be nice.

Currently, you can find it parked in various rooms and locations throughout the house and being referred to as "R2D2".

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP