Friday, December 12, 2008

Goofing off in the "Studio"

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I recently bought some studio lights. I had literally one nanosecond before the kids melted down and refused to sit still for me to play. I really need some more cooperative victims models.

But I have to say shooting in a 'studio' is really fun and challenging. I just need to get the hang of light placement. So if anyone has any tips for me, please feel free.

Oh and I have had a bunch of people ask me for a lighting tutorial, so I promise I will get to that real soon.







I'm not all that great at BW conversions so I am practicing.

Week 46/52

Handed the camera to the 6 year old son to grab this one. He did great.



Look at those big browns.

9 comments:

Indrani December 12, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

These are superb and you say you are practicing?! Great shots!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings December 12, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

Your kids are gorgeous! These shots are absolutely awesome! What memories to be able to hold on to!

cherish.photography December 12, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

I love the catch lights and can't wait to read the tutorial!

Christina December 12, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

Gorgeous!! Can't wait to read the tutorial - you are so good at lighting. Your son's a pretty darn good photographer, too!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander December 12, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Amazing photos! They look awesome and KUDOS to your 6 year old. He took a FABULOUS photo.

Unknown December 12, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Those are some great photos. Awesome job!!

Jaimee December 12, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

AMAZING! I'm so excited for your tutorial! YAY...that last picture is awesome...what a smile!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us December 13, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Seriously, you take the BEST portraits. ANd I MEAN IT! Girl, I think you have a calling and can't wait for the tutorial!

Chris December 13, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

Wow, those shots are looking great. Studio lighting can be a little tricky, but it looks like you're getting the hang of it.
Those brown eyes are beautiful.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP