Thursday, December 18, 2008

PSF - I get to play too

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



This can be a tough time of year for those of us who do not celebrate Christmas. The lights, the songs, the santa its all much fun for the kids. My son is getting old enough to understand our heritage and the fun of Hanukkah. My daughter isn't there yet and is very into the Christmas this year. So we have been talking about getting Hanukkah gifts, lighting the Menorah and playing dreidel. I wrapped and put out each of the kids 8 gifts so they can see them much earlier than I normally do to get them excited. But I also wanted to do something else festive for the kids. I bought this Star of David light in a beautiful blue and hung it in my window above my electronic Menorah.

Hanuk-keh

Its so beautiful hanging in my window. Even the baby liked to play:

Hanukkah Glow


My daughter is getting excited to open her presents. But we still love driving around and spotting Santa and Reindeer and beautiful twinkle lights.

11 comments:

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

It's funny you say the santa part, because that's the one aspect of Christmas I don't do. And, I love your shots. Happy Hanukkah (well, on Sunday..) & I hope the kids love their 8 great nights.

Michelle December 18, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Beautiful pictures and a happy Hanukkah to you.

MomOf4 December 18, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Happy Hanukkah to you! The star is really pretty and the picture of your little one inside it is adorable! :)

Michaelle December 18, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

LOVE your photos! Nice to meet you!

Chris December 18, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

Those pictures are terrific.
I would love to take part in a Hanukkah celebration some day. I know so little about it.
Have wonderful Hanukkah.

Indrani December 18, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

We too don't celebrate Christmas, but my daughters are in to decorating a Christmas tree. They enjoy it. Happy Hanukkah to you!

Christina December 19, 2008 at 12:56 AM  

I am Christian and I do celebrate Christmas...but I can relate somewhat to your feelings this time of year since many of our practices are different the mainstream America. I grew up feeling "left out" and that's hard for a kid. It looks like you have done an awesome job sharing your faith with your children, while still incorprating the festive fun! The Star of David is beautiful - especially wrapped around your little one!

Unknown December 19, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

Love the photo of your daughter with the star of David. Happy Hanukkah to you.

Jenners December 19, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Visiting from Photo Story Friday...

The photos are really gorgeous and dramatic. The one with your littlest is just so striking! Enjoy the winter season and Happy Hanukkah.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us December 19, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

Well Happy (soon to be) Hanukkah. I can imagine that all the hoopla could be confusing (not to mention too much at times)!

That last picture is award worthy.

HONESTLY. That is perfection (again).

Carrie and Troy Keiser December 19, 2008 at 11:57 PM  

Love the star! Happy Hanukkah!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP