Friday, September 19, 2008

PSF - It Must be the Dress

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I was asked to take some shots of my youngest in this Dolly Dress by my Mother in Law. She bought this dress for my oldest daughter when she was around the same age as Miss V is now. She wanted to get shots of Miss E so I suggested she take her to one of those Mall places for some studio time. She did and has the photos on her wall. Well, now that Miss V is the same age as E was when she had those shots done, she naturally asked me to take some pictures of Miss V in this same dress. As I was going through the little photo shoot and realizing just how hard it was to photograph a 16 month old I reflect back on the photos that my Mother in Law has of Miss E and remember that those photos were like pulling teeth as well (which is why I told HER to take her to the Mall). Therefore, I conclude that its not the behavior of my girls that makes taking their picture so hard at this age, but in fact, This Dress.

I am not sure this is what my Mother in Law wanted to hang on her wall. I guess I will try again for some better shots.

Dress Outtake 1

Dress Outtake 2

Dress Outtake 3

Dress Outtake 4

Dress Outtake 5

15 comments:

Anonymous September 19, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

I think they're all cute! I reall like the third and the last shot best.

She is a doll!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us September 19, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

Ha! Leave it to the almighty MIL!

Hey, you're a photog, surely you must have heard of the 'trash the dress' photo sessions!?

Me thinks you may want to try it.

SHE IS SO CUTE, love the plexiglass too - awesome reflections.

Straight to Your Hart September 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

Hi from PSF...they are absolutely darling...such real expressions and behavior..I would hang them on my wall for sure!!

tiarastantrums September 19, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

cute fluffy dress!!

Cecily R September 19, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

First and last are my favorites. But seriously, they are all WONDERFUL. Every one of them deserves a frame.

Christina September 19, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

Oh, but these are priceless!!! Much better than any canned, "perfect" portrait, they're so real! I love it. And wow, that's quite some dress.

Anonymous September 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

That is a girlie girl of a dress! I think the shots turned out quite well, and MIL would love to hang them.

Wendy September 19, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

I love the first one. I hope grandma gets that one. We did the same with my two girls. I took a pic in a dress that I wore when I was a baby. (6 months) Then my first daughter was small so at 6 mos she could wear it..cute pic. My second one was...no small, at 6 mos she was in 9 mo sizes..we took the picture, same pose, what you cannot see is the gap in the back!!! and the rings around her little arms from the tightness!
Great post!

Chris September 19, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Try again? I would hang anyone of those pictures on my living room wall. Those are conversation pieces. I love them!

Joanna September 20, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

What a dress! These are adorable.

Killlashandra September 21, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

I think they're cute pictures, and totally show the personality of the cutie in them. You're right it just may be the dress after all. ;)

I've give you something. Swing by when you get a chance.

Jaimee September 22, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

awwww how precious!!! LOVE, lOVE tht first one...that is an adorable little tooshie!!

Toni September 22, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

I think you are way more talented than the mall place!

Carrie and Troy Keiser September 22, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

Oh I don't know, I think they are fabulous! I think she does look like a doll in the standing ones and the shot from behind is great!

imbeingheldhostage September 24, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

I think it's precious! I love the one where she's bent over, bottoms up! I have many photos of Miss Ky's diapered bottom peeking out of what would have been a great shot.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP