Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen of my Favorite Musicians/Bands
Here is a list of some of my time favorite bands or musicians. Again in no particular order except how they come out of my brain.
  1. The Beatles - I used to collect records (yes you read it right, records) of the Beatles as a teen. I love them. Great music and timeless. They will live on for generations.
  2. Rush - I have seen them in concert three times and every time is an experience. I love their musical talent with only three members and their lyrics. They rock.
  3. Sarah McLachlan - Her voice is beautiful and her music is touching. I have seen her in concert too and she is just so moving.
  4. Dokken - Like I said, I am into 80s hair band metal. These guys are prob one of my favs and it doesn't hurt that George is a hottie!
  5. Toad the Wet Sprocket - I truly miss this band. I loved their new-age sound and the vocals of Glen. I wish they would regroup and record together again.
  6. John Mayer - I really like his laid back bluesy (is that a word) sound.
  7. Pink Floyd - I love Roger Waters. I think he has awesome talent and each of their albums has a different feel to them that I think are all special in their own right.
  8. Level 42 - They had a short lived career in the US, but I understand they were more popular in the UK. They didn't have too many songs but I really liked all of them and Mark King is a kick-ass bassist.
  9. Joe Satriani and Stuart Hamm - I am lumping these two amazing musicians into one catagory since they played together often. I love them both for their musical abilities and making wonderful music with none or little vocals.
  10. Dixie Chicks - I admit that I really dislike most country music with a few exceptions. I really like the Chicks. I have seen them twice in concert and they are amazing. I think their music is fun and funky and their performances awe me.
  11. Yngwie Malmsteen - If you cannot spell it or pronounce it than you don't truely know him!
  12. The Bee Gees - Disco anyone? I love listening to retro disco and I LOVE me some Saturday Night Fever!
  13. Joss Stone - If you have never heard her sing, you are surely missing out. She is one of the most amazing singers expecially considering her age.

Again these are just a small sample of the music I love. There are so many more artists that deserved to be on this list but these are the ones that came to mind today.



6 comments:

Addicted to crafting September 6, 2007 at 9:12 AM  

interesting TT!!!!

Malcolm September 6, 2007 at 9:14 AM  

This is a pretty eclectic TT. I sometimes find it hard narrowing down my list to thirteen entries. You can hardly go wrong with The Beatles. Their music will never go out of style.

When I was younger, I didn't care much for Rush. However, there is a station in my area that plays "Limelight". I was like, "damn, this is good." I purchased it from Napster shortly thereafter. I'll have to check out some of their other work when I get the chance.

I sometimes kick myself because I passed up a chance to see a performance by Joss Stone. I work at the home office for a retailer and we many times authors/singers will stop in for an appearance. Ms. Stone came before her debut album was even released. Since I had no idea who she was, I didn't give it a second thought. I have seen several authors/artists at the home office since then, so I guess that makes up for missing Joss Stone a little bit.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) September 6, 2007 at 10:13 AM  

Great list! You can find The Beatles, Rush, Sarah McLachlan, and the Dixie Chicks on my Ipod. Hubby is the Pink Floyd fan in the house - but ONLY with Roger Waters - and we have quite a few (ALL) of his solo albums as well.

Anonymous September 6, 2007 at 7:16 PM  

I'm with you on The Beatles.

DoubleDeckerBusGuy September 6, 2007 at 7:48 PM  

Great mix... and I too miss TTWS...

MamaGeek @ Works For Us September 6, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

Good varied list. I especially like the Sarah McLachlan choice. I so wish she'd come out with another album.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP