Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thusday Thirteen #5


Thirteen Things that proove you are not getting enough sleep.

1. My one morning cup of coffee isn’t keeping me awake all the way till lunch time anymore at which time I can refuel on diet coke.
2. I forgot to bring my laptop to work one day last week.
3. I cannot remember large chunks of time: “What did we do last Saturday?” or “Did I eat dinner last night?”
4. My boss commented on just how awful I looked.
5. I call the kids by their wrong names. The dogs get called the kids names and the kids by the dogs’ names. And don’t even ask me to remember my hubby’s name.
6. I doze off on the ride home from work most days. Luckily most of those days my hubby is driving (we carpool often).
7. When we leave the house in the morning to go to work I cannot remember if I let the dogs out or back in and I worry about it all day.
8. The alarm clock is going off. I hit snooze on auto-pilot and cannot remember what day it is for hopes that everyday is Saturday.
9. We missed Back-to-School night for my kindergartner because we swear they never told us about this day on orientation (or in the newsletter that got sent home which we read but didn’t retain).
10. We rent movies that we have already seen.
11. Go to the store for 4 items and leave with 2,405 items and none of which were on your list and you still need to get Diapers/Formula/Eggs/Milk.
12. I order food for my kids just after my hubby ordered the exact same thing for them.
13. I forget large chunks of time: “Did I already do my blog entry today?”


15 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us September 20, 2007 at 9:03 AM  

Oh my, I think we could be twins. Ditt on everything. And OH how I hate it when we rent movies we already saw. This list was so funny, i was laughing out loud!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) September 20, 2007 at 9:22 AM  

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one to call my children by the names of the animals.

Unknown September 20, 2007 at 9:30 AM  

Nice list this week. Hope you find some rest soon

Anonymous September 20, 2007 at 9:37 AM  

LOL. Your list made me laugh thinking of myself.

Unknown September 20, 2007 at 10:04 AM  

I do a lot of this stuff myself!! Rest is good! Happy TT!

Believer in Balance September 20, 2007 at 10:43 AM  

LOL funny! I see if you're buying diapers and formula, you too have an infant. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night! They say sleep debts are cumulative...I'm in the trillions.

April Elizabeth September 20, 2007 at 10:51 AM  

you are speaking my language lady. i refuel on dietcoke just a bit too much

The Gal Herself September 20, 2007 at 2:47 PM  

#4 -- Ouch! That would hurt. I disagree with #5, though. If that's proof, then my mother has been sleep-deprived my whole entire life!

Anonymous September 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM  

I hope your boss gave that comment in a good spirit.

Cynthia September 20, 2007 at 3:46 PM  

Great list, but I already knew I wasn't getting enough sleep;)

Robin September 21, 2007 at 8:06 AM  

I think every parent can relate to that list!

Anonymous September 21, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

You need a nice long, long snooze.

Susan Helene Gottfried October 4, 2007 at 8:48 AM  

I PROMISE you that this will end and you'll sleep again, once you're done with formula, at the latest (I hope! I do have a friend whose three-year-old continues to wake them every night. And then they don't take my advice on how to stop it -- which they've asked for, btw!).

Hang in there and be sure to take care of yourself. Sleep deprivation is nasty and you're too important for something bad to happen to -- you're a mom!!

Happy TT! I'm glad you came by to visit.

Yuriko October 4, 2007 at 11:33 AM  

You sure need some sleep! :)

Lori October 4, 2007 at 7:28 PM  

How come you're not sleeping?? Maybe its time to take some Tylenol PM..I have to every night because my brain wont shut off. Sleep is a wonderful thing and not enough is bad for your health so GET SOME SLEEP....Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP