Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #23

Thirteen things I want(ed) to be when I grow up.

  1. Singer, backup mostly for a cool-front woman
  2. Actress, that lasted all of 2 minutes when I realized I really suck at acting
  3. Vet, until I saw needles and decided that wasn't for me
  4. Dancer, I loved to dance as a kid but figured that would be too hard to break into
  5. Teacher, but I suck at keeping control of kids after being a counselor at camp for many years
  6. A child Psychologist, I did major in psychology in college but was discouraged at how many more years of school I would need to get anywhere in this field
  7. An activist, that didn't go further than the interview where they explained I would be going door to door soliciting....no thanks
  8. A business owner, not sure what business but I thought it would fun to be my own boss. But that's very costly and time consuming.
  9. Working at a radio station, my fear of public speaking kept me from that one, I really just wanted to play with music all day
  10. Work for a large credit card bank, wait...that's was real and it was awful. I am so glad I quit that job
  11. A Model....hahahahaha...I am also too short
  12. A Brain Chemist......not smart enough, but I did do well in those classes
  13. And my final dream job for when I grow up would be professional Photographer. I need to really practice at that one if I even want to do it P/T.

12 comments:

Robin January 24, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

After Nadia Comaneci won those gold medals I desperately wanted to be an Olympic gymnast, but I was foiled by my utter inability to do a backwards roll. Sigh...

Neen January 24, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

I still want to be an actress but I cannot sing to save my life. I have to do a list like this one day.

suchsimplepleasures January 24, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

great tt!
absolutely join me! i think we can start a new movement of mommy's changing their names!!
have an awesome day!

Susan Helene Gottfried January 24, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Having done radio, I can promise you a couple of things:
1. There are jobs where you don't have to be on the air and can play with music all day instead. (especially in this age)

2. Being on the air isn't like talking to a room full of people. Neither bother me, but I liked being on the air better. No one can see if you're picking your nose as you talk.

Maybe you missed your calling, but you're a damn fine blogger.

Darla January 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Ah, the days when anything was possible... :)

Anonymous January 24, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

I wanted to be the cool front woman for an all girl group! You could've been my backup singer. Wanna still do it?

Laura Paxton January 24, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

I wanted so much to do some of those...but I like the job I have now the best of all...I get to be MOMMY!! Happy T-13!

Amber Gilchrist January 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

I always wanted to be an interior designer but I found, while in school for it I discovered that I can't stand all the measuring.

Cynthia January 24, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

I totally wanted to be a vet...Then I saw ours give a shot...Not for me!

Sandee January 24, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

I'm a big James Patterson fan too. Nice to meet another one. Well, I'm retired and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. Love your sense of humor. Have a great TT. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us January 24, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

Now THIS was a great T13. And can I be your assistant for #13? Please ...

Anonymous January 24, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

I'd like a radio job too. Some hope!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP