Thursday, July 24, 2008

Theme Thursday - Summer Fun



I have two themes to share this week for Summer Fun. First is the kids playing in the driveway with their new chalk. I used to do this a lot as a kid. I first drew a heart on the driveway and my son proceeded to copy me. Here is his take.

Bokeh Loves

Them my older daughter wanted to make her heart too

E Chalk

Then yesterday we decided to take the kids to the local Fireman's Carnival which we go to every year. The sky was threatening but we managed to get in a couple hours of fun time before the storm hit.

I decided to bring my P&S with me so I could lighten my load. Unfortunately these shots did not come out as I would like because I was fumbling with re-learning how to shoot with this camera. And, as I mentioned above, the sky was full of dark clouds so the lighting was terrible. However, I wanted to share them anyway.

Dumbo

Riding 'Dumbo'. Both the older kids were on this Elephant but I could only see my son.

Backpack

The baby in the backpack waving to her siblings on the horsey ride.

Slide

Finally the kids on the big slide. This is a first for Miss E. They were supposed to go down the slide earlier in the evening but it was closed to dry out from the previous passing storm. So it became the last ride of the night. This shot is just awful due to the terrible lighting however, I just loved how they were holding hands as they slide down, so it was a keeper.

So that's our summer fun this week. Go visit Stacy for some more fun in the sun.

15 comments:

Anonymous July 24, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

I don't think that last shot is awful. I think it sort of looks vintage. But I love driveway shots so that first one is cool,nice dof.

Killlashandra July 24, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

The carnival looks like great fun. I like that first shot on dumbo. The sky in the background has so much great texture to it, it's really a nice shot.

And chalk, I'm trying to get my 3 year old interested in chalk and not having the best luck with it. But her heart looks adorable. :)

Jen July 24, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

I think all of the shots turned out great. I love the compostion of the Dumbo one with all of the sky showing.

Cynthia July 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

I think the Dumbo shot is wonderful!

Christina July 24, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

I agree, that last one has a vintage feel to it! Regardless, the fact that they are holding hands and both grinning makes it a sepcial capture. I love the hearts, so sweet! And comp is great on the Dumbo one.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us July 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

Isn't it funny how when you pull out the old P&S you forgot how the stinking thing works? I feel ya!

Beautiful shots as always HG, I love that bokeh on #1 and processing on #2.

Rose July 24, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

How fun! These are great shots, even with the P&S. Especially the slide shot. Harrison and I just did that for our first time at a local carnival, lately. Oh, my gosh! It was so much fun!

Jaimee July 24, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Oh my gosh...I LOVE that second one of your daughter's chalk heart and that last one is just the PERFECT moment!!

Stacy July 24, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

I'm a big fan of that second shot - love the moment and the colors you captured. The last shot is such a keeper for the hand holding...we don't see that too much around here, so we relish that kind of thing. ;)

Joanna July 24, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

The second shot is wonderful. The colors are so vibrant. But I also like the one of the Dumbo ride. So carefree and fun.

kim July 24, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

The fun of a carnival or fair is so summer!!! Fun shots.

JenLive! July 24, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

These are great, fun shots!

Megan July 24, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

love those driveway shots -- your daughter looks so intent on that heart.

Anonymous July 25, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

There are holders for street chalk? COOL! Loves the hearts on the driveway. :)

The slide looks like so much fun and it's so sweet that they're holding hands.

iMother2.0 July 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

it looks like Dumbo is actually flying!
Fun shots!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP