Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cinderella Potty Pez

My daughter loves Pez and this is her favorite dispenser. Hubby and I were thinking about ways to motivate her into wanting to go on the potty all.the.time instead of when she feels like it. She started off training with a bang, doing real well and we thought this would be easy. But alas, months later she is still pooping in her diaper.
We crack out Miss Pez last night after dinner and her eyes lit up, she's a real die-hard Pez fan. So we think we hit the jackpot with the candy bribery reinforcement. We explain that when she goes pee she gets 1 Pez and for Poop she gets 3. Well, she didn't get it at first.
"But I want her"
"I need her"
"Cinderella isn't going Potty"
We explain that is HER who needs to go potty to get some Pez. Then she asks if Cinderella Potty can can watch her go potty. We tell her sure and she proceeds to go sit on the throne. Ten minutes later she announces that she is done and has peed and pooped. On closer inspection, she has done neither. So no Cinderella Potty Pez for her. Meanwhile (as a non-thinking bad parent does), Z is diving into his Pez that we let him have while E gets none. Of course she gives us those eyes - you know the ones, and we explain that Cinderella Potty Pez only pays out for Big Girls who actually go on the potty and not just talk about it. So, no Pez for E. But she did go potty this morning when we got her up. I kept my word and Miss E had 1 Pez for breakfast. We'll see how this goes. Wish is luck!

4 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us October 23, 2007 at 9:18 AM  

Snort².

THAT is hilarious. Wishing you tons of luck. To be fair, that Princess Pez is pretty cool!

Dallas Meow October 23, 2007 at 11:49 PM  

hmmmm .... what would I hafta do for a tinkerbell pez ....?

Anonymous October 24, 2007 at 12:44 AM  

LOL, I love that idea. I might have to steal it when it comes time to toilet train my cherubs. Wishhing you all the luck in the world.

Unknown December 5, 2007 at 1:17 PM  

I found your blog through doing a google search on "Tinkerbell Pez." My girlfriend mentioned that she is dying to find one and I was hoping to get her one for Christmas. Can you tell me where you got the one you have pictured in your blog? I haven't seen that one before.

Thanks,
John
jzh1998@yahoo.com
574.276.2417 (cell)

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP