Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9


Thirteen Things still left on our To-Do list of home improvements (when we win the lottery), now that our garage redo is complete - in no particular order.



1. Build a cabinet for our collection of shot glasses (we collect them but have no place to put them).
2. Redo our deck with Trex and build around the hot tub.
3. Put rail-road ties around the play area and re-mulch.
4. Take out the window in our sitting room and replace with a door.
5. (goes with #4) Build a 'widow-walk' outside the sitting room door, which connects to our bedroom, and build stairs to connect to our deck for hot tub access and to let the dogs out.
6. Designate some of our 3 acres for wild flowers and butterfly garden.
7. Fix the ceiling in our bedroom where water seeped through.
8. Clean and organize the detached garage and give away or sell old toys that we have been storing.
9. Get firewood.
10. Create a pad/spot to permanently park the camper.
11. Rip up carpet in the living room and dining room and put down hardwood (and if it doesn't match the foyer hardwood, rip that up too).
12. Figure out a way to make the kids bathroom bigger to hold a double sink.
13. And finally, the biggie, tear down the wall behind the kitchen and add on a two story addition to create a sun room for the kitchen table, make the kitchen bigger and re-do the upstairs to make the hall bath bigger.


14 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us October 17, 2007 at 10:12 PM  

Wow, you're going to be busy (especially with #13)! WOW.

Jackie October 17, 2007 at 10:34 PM  

I could add 13 more to your list!!

But just think how nice it'll be once everything's done. :)

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! October 17, 2007 at 11:09 PM  

Reading all this is what I needed to crash into bed...whew, what a list?! Have fun when you win the lottery!

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! October 17, 2007 at 11:14 PM  

Hi,

I see you enjoy scrapbooking. I snuck a peak at some of your pages. Nice...very decorative. I love scrapbooking. My pages are nice, but I am usually just trying to get them done as nicely as I can before I run out of time. I may try some of your ideas just to see if I have it in me.. :) Thanks, Angie

Anonymous October 18, 2007 at 12:00 AM  

#13 sounds like an enormous task.

Robin October 18, 2007 at 4:16 AM  

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. How delightful to have a wildflower/butterfly garden right on your own property.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) October 18, 2007 at 5:13 AM  

Kind of sways my thoughts of buying an older home or new construction when we move back to Arizona. LOL

jenn October 18, 2007 at 7:04 AM  

Very ambitious list. I hope you get it all finished someday!
Happy TT!

Believer in Balance October 18, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

We too have a long home to do list. Even though we get some stuff done, more is added to the list! It will never end!

Deb October 18, 2007 at 10:31 AM  

Oh yes, I have a similar list... Especially your #13 - I'd love to do something like that here too! Good luck... :)

Anonymous October 18, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

Oh man I hope you do get some extra cash for these great projects! Happy TT...

Anonymous October 18, 2007 at 3:28 PM  

I could add 13 more to the 13 that jackie could add to your 13. LOL Great list!!

Cynthia October 18, 2007 at 4:06 PM  

Busy, busy, busy...

Susan Helene Gottfried October 18, 2007 at 5:15 PM  

That is quite a list of things to do! Wow! All we need to do is repaint our front hall and refinish the front doors.

Well, until I get up the guts to announce it's time to update the powder room again...

Happy TT!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP