Friday, August 29, 2008

PSF - Watch them Run

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


I am posting this photo, not because its all that interesting, or all that technically correct but because of the timing of it all. Our house backs up to a horse farm. The woman who runs the farm has no less that 6 horses that she boards/rides at a given time. Therefore, we get to see all different types and colors of horses just outside our windows. Last weekend we were all outside playing in the yard shooting off vinegar and baking soda (or as Miss E would say - Bacon Soda) rockets. Miss E decided to take a walk away from the excitement of the rocket to look at the horses who were engrossed in watching my hubby make a fool of himself when the rocket would launch before he was ready and would go sideways instead of up. The horses came right up to the fence and were making tons of laughing Nehing noises at him.

At this point I was goofing with the camera, as usual, and while Miss E was walking toward the horses leaning over the fence ("Don't get too close!"), I took a photo or 20. I was already set up and shooting what I thought was a comical scene - a small child, a large pasture and three huge horses staring at her approach when this happened:

Watch Them Run

At that split second, while I was taking a shot, the horses decided to take off and run away from this very scary looking child during her approach. I admit that these horses, for what ever reason that afternoon, were acting quite feisty and I have a few shots of them 'fighting' with one another but in our experiences with the horses on this farm, them taking off and running away is something they don't normally do. Needless to say, this was a one in a million shot to get them just starting their take off (even though there is nothing all that exciting about the photo at all). Miss E was quite startled at that chain of events that she sulked back to me and sat on my lap for the remainder of the Inaugural launch of the vinegar and bacon-soda rocket.

18 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us August 29, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Oh HG, I disagree. This shot IS technically and creatively perfect. The comp with her in the corner like that - PERFECTION.

What fun I might add!

Anonymous August 29, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

I totally agree with mamageek. I love this photo. It's fantastic!

Cecilia August 29, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Totally agree with the last two comments!
It's just PERFECT!

PS-Thanks for visiting me!

tiarastantrums August 29, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

aww - poor daughter! she must have been so sad. we have a horse farm right by our house as well . . . we walk there and feed them all the time. My daughters are IN LOVE with these horses!!
Great photo!!

Cecily R August 29, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

I am SO with MG on this one. That shot is awesome! Every bit of it!

Crazymamaof6 August 29, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

that is the CUTEST shot ever! perfect! and totally once in a life time!

i bet she was SO sad they ran away.

and what a fun science activity with the family! who doesn't love to see a rocket go up?

have you done the Mentos thing with diet coke?

Crazymamaof6 August 29, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

oh and thanks for the comment! and stopping by!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

I agree with Mamageek! That is a perfect and lovely shot! You should frame that one!

Killlashandra August 29, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

Like many I too agree with Mamageek. That shot is perfect. Your perspective is great with the horses and her off to the side and the colors in it wonderful. Great shot!

Claremont First Ward August 29, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

WOW.......what are the chances of getting this fabulous shot? It's amazing. Amazing. Looks like something from Pioneer Woman!

imbeingheldhostage August 29, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

how funny that they're not bothered by side-ways shooting rockets but a mini-human sends them galloping. I think it's a great shot, and a very fun PSF.

Chris August 29, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

If ever a picture has told a story this is certainly it. I love this shot. Nicely done.

Unknown August 29, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

That is pretty cute! I can see it framed and hanging on the wall. :) I like that they are all fleeing from a tiny girl. :)

Anonymous August 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

Honestly, this is truly perfect! It really is..

CC August 30, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

Wow. Gorgeous! As I scroll through the pics on your blog I am amazed at your talent. Can you teach me? Please! I'll be a good student, I promise!

Carrie and Troy Keiser August 30, 2008 at 2:39 AM  

Great action shot of the horses in various stages of escape from the innocent approaching child!

Susan August 30, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

That is a great shot! I guess those horses being afraid of her and running away is like when I run away from a little bug.

Anonymous August 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

I ditto mamageek. I love her position to the rest of the shot. It exudes the flight of the horses.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP