Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2


Thirteen of my Favorite movies



We have been discussing favorite movies so I thought I would compile a list of mine. Some people tell me I have terrible taste in movies, so you be the judge.
These are in no particular order.

1. Kentucky Fried Movie – Classic 70s Zucker Bros movie. Incredibly funny.

2. Xanadu – Great 80s roller derby, sweat band, Olivia N-J dancing to ELO. Classic.

3. This is Spinal Tap – Gotta love em, “This goes to 11. None more black”. Nothing better than a Rock N Roll parody.

4. Terms of Endearment – When you really want a good cry.

5. Kill Bill v.1 & 2 – I love these, great action, strange plot, cool music.

6. Bring it On – OK, had to throw this one in here. I can watch this movie over and over again. Cheesy but I love it.

7. Keeping the Faith – I love Ben. He’s awesome and this is a great, silly story.

8. Better off Dead – John Cusak is a favorite. This is a great 80’s, high school love story.

9. Blades of Glory – I saw this on the plane coming home from England and I have to say that it was great. Good story line and great characters.

10. Office Space – This is such a great mockery of corporate life in the cube farms. So funny and great one-liners.

11. The Matrix (just the first one) – Awesome story line and amazing special effects. Generally I don’t like futuristic type movies but this one I loved.

12. She's Having a Baby – I love the music from this movie, not to mention it’s a great story. Kate Bush’s “Woman’s Work” is a wonderfully moving song.

13. Tootsie – Classic Dustin Hoffman in drag movie. This is such a funny movie about the hardships of being an actor.

Of course there are tons more movies I love but this is a good list of my favs.




12 comments:

Happy Mama to Three August 30, 2007 at 2:58 PM  

I love a Good Movie List. And our whole family loves the Kill Bills. The 7 year old has known all the music since the first time he ever heard it. Yes I realize it's graphic, but he has loved those movies forever. Ah such a bad parent am I for letting my children watch movies like that. *laughs*

Cindi
Thanks for visiting my TT

Mom not Mum (Sandy) August 30, 2007 at 3:09 PM  

Were we on the same plane returning from England? LOL We just bought Blades of Glory today - after seeing it on the airplane.

My husband watches #3 & 10 over and over.

I like 4, 8, 11, 12, & 13. I have never seen Xanadu - isn't that crazy?

Rebecca August 30, 2007 at 3:54 PM  

Some of those I totally agree with on you... Others... not so much. Hey, if you have time, stop by my Great Movie Post at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/ I bet you'd have some great suggestions for me!!

Happy TT13 :-)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us August 30, 2007 at 4:11 PM  

I am a big Kate Bush fan and LOVE LOVE that son - good list!

Anonymous August 30, 2007 at 5:08 PM  

I haven't seen many of these, but "office Space" is one of my all-time favorites.

soleil August 30, 2007 at 5:27 PM  

i myself like bring it on. it's a cute fluff movie good for laughs and feel good moments. :)

Marshamlow August 30, 2007 at 5:50 PM  

Great list of movies. Tootsie is a favorite of mine too.

Sandee August 30, 2007 at 6:40 PM  

I've only seen Xanadu and Kill Bill 1 and 2. Loved them all. Have a great TT. :)

Anonymous August 31, 2007 at 10:32 AM  

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog!! I don't really watch too many movies, but maybe that's because I don't have a DVD player/? hmm, probably not, I can watch DVDs in my computer. Cheers!
Noelle

http://lifes-adventures.net

Anonymous September 2, 2007 at 2:33 AM  

I've seen 3, 10 and 13. All grea films.

Trista September 2, 2007 at 4:15 PM  

Great T13! This gives me an idea for next week's T13. 13 movies that I haven't watched b/c I am too busy watching what is on my DVR. Seriously, I bet we own at least 6 movies that are still in the shrink wrap. Isn't that sad? (don't answer that!)

Anonymous October 5, 2007 at 5:02 PM  

I love it! Xanadu...I loved the soundtrack; my parents had the album (vinyl)!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP