Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You know what they say about luck

If we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all! I was home for 12 f'ng weeks. Twelve weeks on maternity leave and not once did any of my kids (well the older ones who were in day care) get sick. I have been back to work for three weeks and I get a call from the center. E got sick and I need to come get her. Granted she was acting 'off' last night at dinner, wanting to lie down and not eat, which is unusual. Well the lying down part, not the not eating. Not eating seems to be a trend in my house (with the exception of me and L who cannot seem to loose weight no matter how hard we try). So, I sent E to school this morning cause quite frankly she was acting more like herself and there was no fever. No fever = going to school. But they called and told me she got sick. So off I go to get her and bring her home. She looks like she is feeling good and still no fever but the 'getting sick' part still happened so home she goes. I have to sign the incident paper that specifies that without a written Dr's note she cannot come back for 24 hours. OK, like I am going to drop her off at the center just before lunch tomorrow. Whatever. Taking her to our pedi would be useless. "Yeah, she got sick but she looks fine now, can you write her a note so I can go back to work tomorrow?" So,my company offers back up care. I register for this service who provides care for sick family members and I get a reduced rate. Its quite convenient so we may give that a try. Of course the company wants to make every effort to get their employees to work, but its a good benefit and I have used it in the past and I trust the care that they provide, so I will partake.
Of course all this talk about 'getting sick' has me feeling like I have a queasy tummy. I certainly hope this was just an E incident and the stomach bug doesn't start to work its way around my family. That.would.suck.

5 comments:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) August 28, 2007 at 6:57 PM  

Doesn't that just figure? Hope she bounces back quickly - which it sounds like she will.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us August 28, 2007 at 7:48 PM  

Oh man - that is what you call murphy's law! go figure!!

Trish K August 28, 2007 at 8:56 PM  

yup, been there. You are lucky your company offers backup daycare options.

Good luck from another working mom!

Anonymous August 29, 2007 at 12:23 AM  

hope your little one is ok and that you don't come down with a lurgy too.

Head Gaggler August 29, 2007 at 7:51 AM  

Well, backup care didn't pan out. They couldn't find someone to come over to watch her. So hubby is home today so I can come to work for a class. Luckily no one else has gotten this...yet...(knocks wood very loudly!)

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my family blog. I am a mom to three, work FT and love to take pictures. Please visit my website to see more of my work.

Followers

Bloom

The Bloom Forum

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP